Cool is just how far we have to fall

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. --Jim Elliot

Friday, November 25, 2005

Worthy is the Lamb

I just had the most wonderful conversation with Kathy, a woman whom I fondly refer to as Mamacita because she's my second mother. We just talked about life and the Lord, and what's going on in our lives.

I am reminded of how much it means to me to talk to people that know me. People who understand me. I can say what I mean in very few words, sometimes they know what I am saying without words at all, even over the phone. My pauses say more than words.

It's hard to tell someone from home that I love that I may never live there again. Yet with someone like Kathy living there or not will not have much of an effect on our relationship. We are close and 5 months with nearly 3,000 miles between us hasn't affected that. Just like having Sharon in Siberia for two years, or Sho in Japan for a year hasn't torn us apart; rather, we are even closer.

There's a song called Worthy is the Lamb sung by Darlene Zschech of the worship team at Hillsong church in Australia. One of the saddest moments of my life, yet perhaps sweetest, took place in our conversation when she told me that someday when she has joined Christ and there is a party held for her- not a funeral, not a memorial, but a celebration- she wants me to sing that song with her daughter. She said there is a memory of our mission trip to Cranbrook that she just treasures, with me singing Worthy is the Lamb, and the moment was so powerful that she couldn't put it into words. Yet I knew what she meant, somehow. I get incredibly nervous singing in front of people, yet for her I would without hesitation. I would be terribly saddened at my loss of her, yet rejoicing in her gain of meeting our Lord face to face.

I want to end with the lyrics to Worthy is the Lamb- it's an incredible song in it's own right, and even fitting into the Thanksgiving theme though it's 1 am Friday east coast time, thus not technically Thanksgiving anymore.

Worthy is the Lamb
(Text and Music: Darlene Zschech, 2000)

Thank You for the cross, Lord.
Thank You for the price You paid.
Bearing all my sin and shame, in love You came and gave amazing grace.
Thank You for this love, Lord.
Thank You for the nail pierced hands.
Washed me in Your cleansing flow, now all I know,
Your forgiveness and embrace.

[Refrain]
Worthy is the Lamb, seated on the throne.
Crown You now with many crowns,
You reign victorious.
High and lifted up, Jesus, son of God.
The Darling of heaven, crucified.
Worthy is the Lamb.
Worthy is the Lamb.

1 Comments:

At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man Tami, I love this song!!! Thanks for reminding me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home