Cool is just how far we have to fall

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. --Jim Elliot

Thursday, March 09, 2006

I keep this photograph... I know it serves me well

[Broken, Seether feat. Amy Lee]

So...

You see this article (just click it, it's hyperlinked) on ESPN.com, you read it, you see the mention of Gonzaga, Adam Morrison, Dick's Drive-In, and Spokane and you get teary eyed. Not nose-running-wipe-the-snot-on-your-sleeve teary, just... misty.

I just finished a writing great- but FAR MORE TIME CONSUMING THAN I EXPECTED- test. I have hardly slept all week. Working my tail off trying to achieve significant gains. Taught even with a headache that 2,000 mg of Advil in three hours couldn't touch. It's after midnight. My printer just jammed 56 times trying to print my silly test. These are my excuses.

Or... maybe I just miss home sometimes.

It's so me- Gonzaga and sports, and March Madness, finally gets me to admit that though I am in a great place home is home and I miss being there. Doesn't mean I'm going back, mind you. I deal and move on. That, as my kids would say, is just the way I roll.

It's the way I be. Grammatically incorrect, yes, but dealing with issues of the heart can one excuse grammar and speak words reflecting how they really feel? I'm not "am" this way, I "be" this way.

Good night... hopefully I sleep during this one, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home