Cool is just how far we have to fall

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. --Jim Elliot

Friday, December 09, 2005

Beauty from ashes

So my life isn't quite ashes, but last week I took some more pictures outside out of respect for the beauty surrounding my home. I'll post a whole bunch of them. I have to ask you to forgive me... there's a lot of the neighbor's dock, but I just love the way it looks :) Some are of my own dock, and all are taken out behind my house with a simple Olympus 3.1 megapixel camera. Each picture has a little caption beneath it.
























This is our dock. I just love the way the chair looks, like it's waiting for someone.
















This is our dock from farther away, taken from our deck, actually.

















I love the way the trees look so majestic, rising over the way the world pauses at sunset.



















Doesn't it feel like the world goes on forever?



















Once again, this feels like it goes on forever, as though the dock is a launching pad into Neverland.



















Simplicity. Beautiful.



















I know it's very similar to that first one I posted a couple weeks ago, but I love the way the colors seem to chase each other into a lazy, yawning nap.



















The darkness in this one, with subtle hues seeping through, enraptures me and I could stare for hours!




Once again, I love the darkness but what makes this picture one of my favorite is the way the lights streak onto the water, like they're in a race to our back yard.

1 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, Blogger Darlaing said...

WOW! Daryn and I are both so jealous that that is your view!! What lake/river is that?

TAMI! I'M SO JEALOUS RIGHT NOW!! YOU DEVIL WOMAN! JEALOUSY IS EVIL!!

hehe

must be a great place to do devotionals

 

Post a Comment

<< Home