Cool is just how far we have to fall

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. --Jim Elliot

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Going on with you gone still upsets me

[What Hurts the Most, Rascal Flatts]

I am one of those people that when an idea gets into my head it has to happen. It will. Always does.

With T*FA I just knew from the first time I heard of it that it was right for me. That I'd be accepted and that I'd end up on the east coast. I didn't know until after the fact that it's a difficult program to get into. Last year of 17,000+ applicants only 2,500 were accepted. Maybe had I known that I wouldn't have been so confident. But I just knew it was right, and I did get in and here I sit in North Carolina posting for you.

So recently I decided I want a video ipod. I never wanted one and then last weekend a friend got one and I realized that it's awesome. Thus, I will get one. It will be my treat to myself for working this summer and making extra money. Plus a roomie is interested in buying my Dell DJ so that will take some of the bite out... I want the 60 gig one and those are $400. I know, right? :)

The other random thing is that I recently decided I am going to start liking some country music. I am not really sure where that idea came from. I just randomly was like, "I want to like country music." I've always hated it, and made fun of it even. It won't ever be my favorite genre, but I today I watched the What Hurts the Most video (Rascal Flatts' latest single) and it made me sob. Literally sob. It struck a chord in me. I am not sure exactly why it dug so deep, but it did. So little by little I'll like country a bit more. Not too much though, because I am not sure I can ever like twang. There's very little twang to the Rascal Flatts songs I have heard, which is why they are appealing.

Tomorrow's Easter. Bec and I will go to church, and then go to dinner at my pastor's fam's house afterwards. I plan to watch The Passion of the Christ tomorrow night. That's my own personal Easter tradition. I can't really watch it more often than that.

I'm tired of typing so I'm gonna go now.

1 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Darlaing said...

ha! I knew you'd cross over! lol NO there is a big difference between country and twang country. Daryn and I love rascal flatts. He bought the latest CD and croons along with it a little too often if you ask me. I think he secretly wishes he was in a boy band. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home