Cool is just how far we have to fall

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. --Jim Elliot

Sunday, April 02, 2006

I was not the answer so forget you ever thought it was me

[Here is Gone, Goo Goo Dolls]

Nice weekend. I did a TON of work. Blech. I am still working, actually, but I got most of my stuff done so that's massively happy. Today I was inspired to finally sort through the 5 DVD's worth of music that I burned from my desktop to put some onto my lappy. Good golly gee, I say!

Um, I actually never say good golly gee. Except for just a second ago. Meh.

Anyway, I got a bunch of my Christian music onto my laptop and suddenly realized just how much I miss worship time at home. I have a wonderful church here but it's very old school in terms of just hymns and a piano and an organ. I never feel like I am able to worship- I am just trying to sing the song right. The words are usually inspiring but I can't just worship- just sing out to God with all that's in my heart- like I could at home. I am not complaining, it's just sort of sad. So I had a mini-worship session outside (it was PERFECT weather today! I even walked in the lake, but the water's still really cold) on the deck. That was very needed :)

I also rocked out to some Sanctus Real and Third Day, among others. I just didn't have much Christian music going on here with the ol' lappy, so I am glad I spent the time to put stuff on here.

I also made the video for my classes explaining some incentives for this semester (I am pretty sure I mentioned those before) and that was good times. Then the boys and Bailey came over for dinner, and Josh's friend Marty from Minnesota (where Josh is from) came as well. That was also swell. We had dinner out on the deck and then just chilled and watched the sunset for a wee bit. That's all I feel like writing for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home