Cool is just how far we have to fall

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. --Jim Elliot

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

And I know You will always have my heart

[You Are Good, Jeff Deyo]

Today I am reminded of the greatness of God. That His love is unfailing, and that He's not safe, but He's good.

God is calling Dusty and I to a place where we absolutely seek His face, yearn for His will, and it's been amazing. I have never felt so covered by God's Word, or filled with faith that He will do exactly as He wills.

I have a deep fear of being wrong. I'm so afraid that I might take the wrong step that I stand there, frozen, unable to move. Yet God has gently said to me that He is telling me to take that step and trust wherever He takes me. He's not promising that I'll marry Dusty yet. He's just telling me to step out in faith.

I am reminded of the lyrics to a Jeremy Camp song, Walk By Faith:

Will I believe You when You say
Your hand will guide my every way
Will I receive the words You say
Every moment of every day

I will walk by faith
Even when I cannot see
Because this broken road
Prepares Your will for me

Help me to rid my endless fears
You've been so faithful for all my years
With one breath You make me new
Your grace covers all I do

And I will walk by faith
Even when I cannot see
Because this broken road
Prepares Your will for me

Well I'm broken
But I still see Your face
You've spoken
Pouring Your words of grace

I will walk by faith...

5 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Blogger Shio-chan said...

amen sister!

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Tam said...

Thanks, babe. I think I can really relate to you so much more now.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Mac said...

Hmmmmm, I would say that you are free to make your own choices, but that your desire should be to keep them in line with God's will. He will not force His will on you. To envision Him as doing so implies that He might be the author of eveything that happens to us, good and bad, righteous and evil. When I want to know what the Lord would have me do, I make my decision and then pray about it. If I feel the fruits of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22): peace, love, joy, etc. then I know that my decision is correct. If I feel nervous, awkward, or another uncalming feeling then I re-evaluate my decision and go to the Lord again with a new one. I continue this process until I think I've hit on the correct decision according to His will, realizing that there may be more than one option that would conform to His will. The Spirit will make known the correct thing to do if you ask with faith. Basically, instead of asking God what to do, ask Him if what you have decided to do is okay with Him. Hope that makes sense and maybe helps.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Tam said...

I agree that God doesn't force us to do His will, but He does call me to obedience, and right now He's telling me to seek Him and wait on Him. Dusty and I are continuing to date (and since we live three hours apart that pretty much means we talk on the phone a lot!), but (and I'm sure you don't mean this) I don't think it would be wise to go ahead and marry the guy and then be like, "All right, Lord, was this a good choice? Oh, no? No problem, I'll just divorce him and try again!". Like I said, I'm sure that's not what you meant :) But I am seeking the Lord and really trying to let His Spirit speak to my heart.

Thanks for your time and insight :)

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Mac said...

What I was saying is, "Lord, I've decided to marry him, please confirm that decision to me." If you feel the fruits of the Spirit, it is a correct one. If it's not, re-evaluate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home