Cool is just how far we have to fall

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. --Jim Elliot

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

You found me when no one else was looking- how did you know just where I would be?

[You Found Me, Kelly Clarkson]

Congratulations to the Carolina Hurricanes!! For anyone that doesn't know, I live about an hour and a half from Raleigh (and end up down there about once a month). I've never been a hockey fan, and piously harrumphed at my roommates when they invited me to games earlier this year. But the 'Canes fervor was contagious, not to mention Becca's consistency in assuring me that hockey rocks, and I've been following them for the last month or so.

I was able to watch the last few games on TV and I have to say that last night's game converted me. I am officially a hockey fan. That was an AMAZING game- so intense the entire time, bursting with skill and hustle and intensity. Plus- THEY WON!! It's been so fun to watch the local stations- everyone's pumped. It's just exciting and fun. So yay for hockey- I'll DEFINITELY go catch a few games down in Raleighwood next year.

Another thought about sports: I read this on ESPN.com earlier:

The other Pittsburgh player in the news recently for an off-field incident, first-round draft choice Santonio Holmes, was also at the Steelers' headquarters Tuesday to meet with team officials and assistant coaches.

The former Ohio State wide receiver, expected to contribute to the Steelers' passing game as a rookie, was arrested early Monday morning on charges of domestic violence and simple assault against the mother of his youngest child. He pleaded not guilty to the charges on Monday afternoon and arrived in Pittsburgh early Tuesday morning for a meeting that had been arranged before the incident.

All I have to say to that is... sounds like a Pittsburgh Steeler to me.

As most know, I can't stand the Steelers. I don't like them and never have.

I have other thoughts on things non-sports related, but being as my inspiration is oft-thinly spread these days I shall save it for later :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home