Cool is just how far we have to fall

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. --Jim Elliot

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

It's you I was thinking of

[The Mixed Tape, Jacks Mannequin]

I am writing you from my beloved new iBook. Well, it's not new because they don't even make iBooks anymore :) They make MacBooks now. Anyway, I am starting to get the hang of how the whole different interface (do you call it that? I dunno) works and seriously... I think I am being converted. If I actually work next summer I think I'll try to get a MacBook.

Other than that... today I cleaned and packed and packed and cleaned. I'm probably... 75% done. I think I'll try to get my room finished up tonight. load up boxes into storage in the basement garage tomorrow morning (we have two garages... one upstairs and one in the basement... half our house is built into a hill... anyway.). Then I'll clean the basement and hopefully get to my summer home by early afternoon-ish.

It's a little frustrating because two roommates left with a TON of work left to do. But... I expected it to happen and it did, so it's not as frustrating as it could be. The other thing, though, is that next year the two that got the skimpy end of things can do the extra work. On the upside, my bathroom is sparkling! Were it my own I'd keep it that way but when you share a bathroom it's harder. It's one thing to clean up after myself, but something else entirely to clean up after someone else, too.

All righty, kids... I need to pack stuff up or else I can't go to bed (my bed's covered in stuff). Have a lovely evening / day / morning / whatever.

1 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, Blogger Shio-chan said...

shock, amazement, astonishment, flabergastment....welcome to the family :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home