Cool is just how far we have to fall

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. --Jim Elliot

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

If you don't expect too much from me you might not be let down

[Hey Jealousy, Gin Blossoms]

I learned a few things about myself today.

#1) If you ride my rear-end while driving and continue to do so no matter how much I speed up- even up to 20 miles an our over the speed limit- to get you off then eventually I will do an impromptu "brake check" and make you back off. Even if you give me the finger. And, to be fair, I got to learn this one twice today from two different *lovely* vehicles within the span of about 4 minutes.

#2) I can be overly sensitive sometimes.

#3) I am really, really going to miss my kids. And I'm pretty sure they're going to miss me. Story later.

#4) I'm a huge tool for not calling about credit card debt a few months ago when my bank referred me to a program to get the rates down. It's not normal to pay 30% interest, and I don't have to. Also, it feels really good to have so much in savings and to be financially sound.

#5) I love e-mail. Rather, Gmail. I already knew that, but coming home to 9 new "conversations" was rather nice.

#6) Ok, I already knew this one, too, but... I LOVE ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT!!

1 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

30% interest?!?!? OUCH!!! I can't imagine! Did you get signed up for a program to lower your rates? You know, in Ruby Payne, she talks about in poverty money is for spending then and there. I think that was the hardest adjustment for me to make when I got a credit card, that I couldn't spend it all then and there, I still had to pay it off. Don't know if that is a poverty thing or a being 18 thing. Luckily my credit limit was only 300 so I couldn't get into too much trouble! When does your school get out? Ours is out today and I'm definitly finding it kind of bittersweet.
Colleen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home