Cool is just how far we have to fall

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. --Jim Elliot

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Shadows searching in the night

[Don't Stop Believin', Journey]

Ah, another lovely weekend (mostly) at the lake.

Bec's fam was here, so yesterday after I went to school to tutor in the wee hours of the day [read: 8:30. I am a big sissy.] I came back and swam for a few hours. It was mostly cloudy and overcast, but still warm, but the dreariness caused us to forego renting a boat. Then Bec's fam made us a delicious dinner and we sat around asking each other Trivial Pursuit questions. They're all so smart and I love smart people! I feel so snobby when I think that, but it's true so why deny it? I don't dislike people that aren't necessarily stimulated by the realm of academia, I just do enjoy those who are. Anyway, yesterday was pretty much the perfect afternoon/evening, if you ask me.

Today Bec and I made a little trip to RoRap and on the way we stopped and got *AWESOME* shirts that say, "What happens at La*ke Gasto*n stays at L*ake Gas*ton". Awesome, right? I know. We're rock stars.

After that we went to Wal-Mart, where I spent *cough sixty bucks cough* on my kids. I got all sorts of stuff to raffle off at our end of the year party that we'll have in each class on Wednesday. Just random 99 cent stuff, but I needed enough so that hopefully every kid will get something.

Now I am sitting at Starbucks and writing my final exam and talking to a good friend on IM. Josh and Riley just so happened to be here, so that's fun. Per the writing of the exam... I am only on question 6 of 100 so I suppose I should get back to that.

Happy Sunday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home