Cool is just how far we have to fall

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. --Jim Elliot

Saturday, June 10, 2006

So many things that I want to say

[Your Love, The Outfield]

Whew. What a day. I (mostly inadvertantly) slept through graduation. I kept going back and forth yesterday, but then I thought my alarm was set for 7:30 on weekends. It went off at 9:07, so.... it wasn't. Then I considered rushing to get there in time for the ceremony, but I know like 4 seniors and by the time I would have gotten there parking would have been insane. Plus, my duty was to seat and usher people and since I would have gotten there *barely* in time for the actual commencement it really all seemed pointless.

Jenny knocked on my door around... ok, exactly at... 9:37 to see wake me up, but I was staring at the ceiling already. She told me that Bec said my mom called. At first I was like, "Oh, ok." But then it occurred to me that it was 6:37 a.m. at home, so... yeah. I called and my mom just happened to be up early and wanted to talk since it had been a few weeks. We talked for nearly two hours. Well, she mostly talked and I mostly said, "Mmm-hmm.... Sad day... yeah... wow... oh... mmm-hmm... cool... right...". That's how talking to mi madre goes ;) Two of my roommates actually didn't realize I was on the phone because I was so quiet- that's just funny to me.

Anyway... then I organized and packed... I'm about half packed, which is happy. Now I just showered so I'm gonna finish getting ready to go down to a Bulls game in Durham to meet the Sixers (the '06 ENC - Ea*stern North Car*olina T*FA corps... I'm '05, and thus am a second year. Which is SO weird.)

Hasta luego!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home