Cool is just how far we have to fall

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. --Jim Elliot

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

She loves to laugh, she loves to sing

[Any Way You Want It, Journey]

Today I had to make a phone call (suspending our internet for two months so that we don't have to pay $100 a month while we're gone this summer) so I went outside where my phone actually works. There's a little place next to the school at my end of the building called "T*ots'n'Tee*ns"... I am not sure how many actual teenagers take their kids there, but I know that multiple teachers do.

So I was just sitting there, on hold for 92 years, and watching the children run around the playground. They were absolutely adorable, just a bunch of kids playing some game that required constant running back and forth between the opposite sides of the fence. I love how easily amused kids are... how many adults would just run in a line back and forth for twenty minutes and think of it as fun? Like I said: adorable.

Today I came home from school and slept for three hours. It was AMAZING. Absolutely amazing. It's so hard because I have a ridiculous amount to do between now and Wednesday but I am so tired... I'm just not ready to start packing. I have until Wednesday, and I don't have a whole lot to do at school so I plan to leave early on Monday, only go in for as long as I have to on Tuesday (I at least need my bonus!), and pack as much as I can those nights. Hopefully Wednesday will pretty much entail getting up and moving.

I'm bored writing this (so sorry if you're reading it). So bored that I'd actually rather go get my work done... ouch, I know! I need to write an end of year survey. Ode to joy. But to stick with my new tradition tomorrow shall be list day. I loves me some bullet points!

Only 10 hours and 20 minutes of official student time until I'm no longer a first year teacher!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home