Cool is just how far we have to fall

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. --Jim Elliot

Friday, June 09, 2006

School's out for the summer!

[School's Out, Alice Cooper]

Yay! As you can see, I am officially done with teaching. Well, I have two work days on Monday and Tuesday, but I most likely will go all day Monday to clean up my room- which is already about 60% done- and have my end of year one-on-0ne with Erin, and then take care of the checklist they FINALLY put in our boxes this afternoon... it's aggravatingly long. I have to get all sorts of signatures for a plethora of things. Kill me now.

Tuesday I pretty much plan to just go in and get my bonus. I'll hopefully have my room clean Monday, so... yeah. I'll start packing my house stuff up tomorrow, theoretically, so I can move out Wednesday. Knowing me... I won't really get much done until Tuesday. I packed up an entire apartment in a day before I moved out here, so... meh.

Today was an awesome day with my kids. I kind of had to go hard on my first set (third period tested first, fourth period second) to get them into testing mode, but then after that it settled down. Fourth period was so sweet- they signed my yearbook (which is SO FUNNY. I've been out of high school for six years, for goodness sake) and my board, and then about 3/4 of them hugged me on the way out when the bell rang. It feels so good to be done that it hasn't really set in yet that they're not going to be in my class anymore. I secretly hope Mr. M will retire so I can go back to US History and have them again.

I am one blessed woman. Happy day :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home