Cool is just how far we have to fall

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. --Jim Elliot

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

And they say that a hero can save us

[Hero, Chad Kroeger]

I received some sad news today. A fellow Whitworth alum, Forrest Ewens, was killed in Afghanistan last week. I wasn't close to him, but I had certainly talked to him and had classes with him.

It's a sad reminder of how truly fragile we are. Also, whether you agree with the war on terror in Afghanistan or not, it's tragic to lose someone so young. He was only 25 and leaves behind a twin brother and a wife. Please think of them in your prayers.

I honor his bravery and courage in serving his country. I pray we'd be a nation worth his sacrifice.

For more information about him, please go here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home