Cool is just how far we have to fall

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. --Jim Elliot

Thursday, June 22, 2006

This is my mixed tape for you

[The Mixed Tape, Jacks Mannequin]

The Hardware Cafe is probably the best thing about Warrenton. Great food, cute atmosphere, decent prices... and they have cute "hardware-y" names for all of their sandwiches and such, like "Nuts and Bolts" and... well, that's all I can remember. But you know, it's cute.

Allow me to share a little interlude I had this afternoon with you all:

Me: I'd like The Ladder [a sandwich] and a 16 oz non-fat iced mocha.
Cashier: (with snooty undertones) We don't have any non-fat milk.
Me: Ok, well with regular milk then.
Cashier: (even more snootily) Well I'm not going to make that because we're busy.

Ok, are you freaking kidding me? I mean, first off, why didn't she just say she wouldn't make it in the first place? Who the frick cares what kind of milk you do or don't have if you're not going to make the drink, anyway? Honestly. Second of all, who the heck has something on their menu but then says they aren't going to sell it? I mean, whatever, but that was four bucks of business for them that they lost out on.

Grrr. I was really craving an iced mocha, too. I drink coffees like 3 times a year and today would have been perfect.

In other news, I downloaded and am watching the entire second season of The Office. I think I like it every bit as much as Arrested Development. In fact, I'm going to buy the DVD's when they come out- it's just that good. Plus I'm in love with Jim (sorry if you read that, baby... but I am in love with him ;) ). So... back to that now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home