Cool is just how far we have to fall

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. --Jim Elliot

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

And I'ma try not to trouble nobody

[Trouble Nobody, Akon]

It was yet another spectacular day in my life. I spent the Fourth alone, in my apartment. I know, kinda pathetic. But... there's not really much to do when you live in the sticks like I do (thank you for that, T*FA) and on another day I might have felt enough spunk to go out and explore but I just decided I didn't feel like it. So I didn't.

I did, however, finish Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban last night, so I watched the movie today. Yah, I own all the movies yet hadn't read the books yet. I'm awesome.

I also caught the Germany vs. Italy World Cup game starting at 86-ish minutes. Yeah, I know- awesome timing. So I saw the two overtimes, including Italy's two sudden goals. And I had a realization. Two, actually.

1 - Soccer players are hot.
2 - German men are hot.

And that's all I have to say about that *wink*

Then I watched Glory Road. I had never seen it, yet I bought it because I knew I'd love it. Come on- put sports and overcoming racial inequity, easily my two biggest passions after Christ, in a movie and I know I'll love it. My only complaint is that I felt like Disney was trying a little too hard to do Remember the Titans: The Basketball Version. The theme music at the end was seriously a remix of the Titans theme song. And that's boo, but meh.

So I just tried to search for Remember the Titans on iTunes and it asked me if I meant "Remember the Tetanus".

And no, I didn't spell anything wrong.

Wow.

Random awesome quote of the day, posted on a MySpace dedicated to the Red Sox / Yankees rivalry:

I went to a ballgame in Mariners stadium last year where Red Sox and Yankee fans got into fistfights. In freakin' SEATTLE. Somebody must've forgotten to order decaf in their latte or something.
Can I just say... HAHAHA. That's AWESOME! Although, the man is kind of a tool because it's not called "Mariners stadium"- it's called Safeco Field. Some people just aren't cool enough to know that, I guess.

So yeah... on that note... I'm going to get back to organizing all of the pictures on my computer. It's kind of sickening how ridiculously messed up they are. An hour of work and I haven't even finished the subfolder for my students from this last year. Ack.

Have a lovely night/morning/afternoon-- whatever.

I like you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home