Cool is just how far we have to fall

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. --Jim Elliot

Sunday, July 02, 2006

I'll stay with you

[Stay with You, Goo Goo Dolls]

Sad day. Last night I was so careful to make sure that my alarm was set so I'd be able to get up and go to church today. I know that I won't wake up on time without it, so I needed ensure it would go off.

It didn't.

It's a "smart" alarm clock that has some microchip that knows what day of the week and date it is, and the time (including when Daylight Savings Time happens... it just automatically does it). Only, apparently it somehow decided that today was Thursday, June 29. So since my alarm was on "weekend" it never went off.

Grrr.

So, no church for me.

Today I realized that I really, really want to live in Seattle.

[Insert: MMMbop by Hanson just came on my iTunes. It's on my "Songs I Should Hate" playlist. Because I'm awesome. Only I'm going to skip it. Ahhh... Everything Changes by Staind. Amazing song. Amazing song.]

So yeah... I really want Seattle to be home. It keeps coming back to mind... I can't seem to stop thinking about it. I'm not sure when or how I would end up there, but I want that to be where I say I'm from when people ask. I want that to be where my children grow up. I want to go to Seahawks and Mariners games, go to the annual "Battle in Seattle" that Gonzaga always has as a tribute to their fans/alumni that live on what we Washingtonians call "the west side", referrring to the western side of the Cascade Mountains. I want to find an awesome church that does ministry to the greater Seattle metropolitan area, work in a Title I school, and live out my life there. I want my children to grow up as Seahawks/Mariners fans (with special room for the Patriots and Red Sox, of course), watching loads of games on Fox Sports Northwest.

I was talking to someone about the fact that the PacNW (Pacific Northwest) is the most beautiful part of the country. I've been to exaclty half the states, and actually have driven through most of them. Landwise I'm sure I've been to much more than half, since the western states are so much more spread out and I've been all over everything west of (and including) Colorado. But seriously- you have not lived until you have been to the Puget Sound... especially the islands. It's absolutely beautiful. Breathtakingly so.

*sigh*

Can anyone else tell I'm homesick?

1 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so....I'm not really posting to this blog. I'm sure there's some sort of blog law that will send the blog popo to come arrest me, but I am just wondering what happened to your love blog? It's goooooonnnnnneeeeeeeee..........

 

Post a Comment

<< Home