Cool is just how far we have to fall

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. --Jim Elliot

Friday, July 21, 2006

I got victory- HALLELUJAH- over the enemy - GLORY, GLORY

[Free at Last, DC Talk]

Well hello world.

It's 7:50 and I got up at 7:14. AM!! Yes!!

The bad news is I barely got 6+ hours of sleep, which my body totally crashes on. I need at least 8, preferably 9.

I would be quite happy to regulate sleeping to more like 1-9 am, but last night I didn't sleep well; I tossed and turned, woke up constantly, had no concept of what time it was, etc. I actually had this deep fear in my heart that it was actually 1:14pm and not 7:14am when I tried to look at my alarm clock this morning, and that my plan was shot all to pieces.

Imagine, for you normal sleepers, staying up all night, getting four hours of sleep from like 2-6am, staying up for eight hours after that until 2 pm and then making your new sleeping hours from 2 in the afternoon until 10 at night and keeping those new hours. It would kick your... you know... and most people probably couldn't do it.

I'm only on step one of the journey, because I feel like crud today and the true test will be if I can make it until tonight to sleep and not take any naps. My eyes are all bloodshot, my head hurts, and I'm hungry as heck because I've eaten like 300 calories in the last 30 hours (oops). And I've been sick (I was feeling much better. WAS.) and the whole not sleeping thing has sort of relapsed me.

But it's worth it because a person with no self-control is like a defenseless city with no walls and I don't want to be one of those people! I need to get this sleep cycle in line or I will be MISERABLE when I start having to be up by 5:30-6:00am when school gets back into gear. My goal this year, actually, will be to leave my house by 6:45am every day.

Gotta love the life of a teacher :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home