Cool is just how far we have to fall

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. --Jim Elliot

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Would you want me when I'm not myself?

[Not Myself, John Mayer]

I had a three and a half hour heart-to-heart with one of my best friends today. It was a much needed phone convo, being as we hadn't spoken for nearly 3 weeks... we've been playing the world's worst game of phone tag for over a week now. It was a blessing and I am so grateful for having the world's greatest friends ever.

I knew he was going to call at 4, so I had to take some intense (and intentional) measures- you see, my sleeping schedule has slowly morphed into one in which I sleep from 9am-5pm. I know, not awesome. I tried to rectify this by staying up all night and then I would be so exhausted, I thought, that I'd to do bed by like 8 the next night. Wrong- I couldn't make it past 10 am.

So then I tried going to bed at 8 am and setting my alarm for noon the next day. In my sleep I turned the alarm off.

Next I tried the same schedule by setting my alarm AND setting my cell phone alarm to go off repeatedly on the other side of my room. Going to bed I was CERTAIN this would get me up. WRONG... my sleepy self just turned both off.

The problem is that my conscious mind gets overrruled by my subconscious mind unless my conscious mind is saying there's something that I HAVE to get up for. So unless it's a place I have to be, I can't get my subconscious mind to obey. I had actually been considering getting sleeping pills because I try going to bed earlier but I just can't fall asleep.

Today, though, I knew Brendo would be calling around 4pm, so I made myself stay up until noon. I wouldn't not want to get up to talk to him, so I set my cell on its highest setting (praise God no one else called!) and went to bed around... ok, at exactly... 12:17 and was out almost immediately. Brendo called at 4:13 so it was perfect.

Now it's 8:30 and I'm SO tired :) I basically stayed up all night with a 4 hour nap. I'm going to spend some time in God's word, then read Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince, and hopefully be asleep by ten... and in a perfect world up by 8-9 tomorrow.

Here's to hope, huh?

Oh, and I think Adam Morrison's hair is sexy :) The 'stache not so much, but the hair I love!

3 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are soooo beautiful!

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Tam said...

Wow. I am really flattered. Thank you.

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pleasure was most certainly mine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home