Cool is just how far we have to fall

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. --Jim Elliot

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I'm not alright

[I'm Not Alright, Sanctus Real]

Last night my stomach was killing me.

This morning it still clearly was engaged in a battle to the death with, seemingly, all other internal organs.

In the shower for some dang reason I started thinking about this new mayo that I bought. It smelled really bad and it made the tuna that I mixed up smell like feet. I just assumed it was because it's reduced fat.

These thoughts caused me to get violently ill.

I went to school anyway.

I went to tell the head softball coach that I didn't think I'd be able to go to today's game, and as I tried to tell her about how just the thought of that nasty mayonnaise made my stomach turn my eyes started watering and my gag reflex literally caused me to choke on my own words before I could get anywhere. At least she could tell I wasn't lying. Even now thinking of that mayonnaise makes my beyond empty stomach churn like when they open the gates at Grand Coulee Dam.

I tried hard to convince myself that I could make it through the day. But... there was just no way. So I found a teacher with third, and one with fourth, period planning to cover my class. We've been watching The Patriot, anyway, so it's not hard core for the sub. I still spent over an hour writing stuff out to ensure it all goes over smooth... well, hopefully. I am way too controlling of my classroom. I just hate to not be in there with my kids if I can help it.

Now I am going to go set up residence on the couch, finish up the first season of the Laguna Beach DVD's, and then start Entourage season 1.

Netflix is fan-freaking-tastic.

1 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger Darlaing said...

I agree with neonsea. Mayonnaise is the devil! I can't remember the last time I used it. I substitute something like sour cream or mustard when necessary.

I'm sorry you got sick! I hope you can get your money back.

In other news. . . I picked up the phone to call you last night!!!! Only since I have a new phone (a razr, but I'm so pissed a week later they came out with the pink ones. I wanted to make a feminist statement by literally buying into feminine "notions"-ha ha, ok so really, I like pink), I no longer have your number! can you help a sistah out?

PS- Netflix is amazing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home