Cool is just how far we have to fall

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. --Jim Elliot

Friday, July 21, 2006

Sometimes you can't make it on your own

[Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, U2]

WARNING: HARRY POTTER SPOILER AHEAD

If you haven't read all the way through the six released Harry Potter books, then don't read this entry because it will spoil things, but a lot of people have read them and I have got to talk about it.

I was upset with J.K. Rowling for killing Sirius. But... Dumbledore? I just cried like a little girl. I kept waiting for him to wake up, get up, say Fawkes' tears saved him, or that he and Snape already worked it out and he wouldn't actually be killed when the death curse was put on him. It's so sad. I feel so bad for Harry.

I know they're just books, but I seriously feel like a real friend just died. And I thought I was upset with Rowling allowing Voldemort to kill Cedric Diggory... and then Sirius. Boo on her, that's all I can say.

It's been released (Rowling said this, at least) that two people will die in the last book. I, personally, really hope that it's Voldemort and Snape, but it seems that at least one person we love would have to die. I just hope it's not Harry, Hermione, or any of the Weasleys. And I feel sorry for Draco Malfoy, which I didn't think was possible. *sigh*

Silly good books anyway.

1 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, I was the same way when Dumbledore died. But . . . I think that when Dumbledore said "Severus, please" he may have been saying please be strong and kill me. Dumbledore may have known that he could not live b/c of the poison he drank. He may have known about the Unbreakable Vow (even told Snape to do it to "prove" that he was still a DeathEater?) and he knew that Snape had to kill him or die himself. It may be that he felt that it was more important for "the cause" for Snape to live than for him to live. I'm not sure I buy this, but it is what my mom thinks. Also, you know how one of the horcruxes is a locket? And the initials on the note are RAB? I'm pretty sure that RAB is Regulus Black, Sirius' brother. Remember, when they are cleaning out Grimmauld Place in OOTP they find a heavily engraved locket that noone can open. So Harry is in possession of the locket, I think, though he doesn't know it yet.
Also, I think that Harry has to die. A theme thru the books has been that there are worse things than death, and that Harry's strength is his ability to love. I think that he will die saving someone he loves. Also, if I was JKR I would do this so that nobody else could come along and write a Harry Potter sequel. I'm glad you liked the books!
Colleen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home