Cool is just how far we have to fall

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. --Jim Elliot

Thursday, July 06, 2006

You look so beautiful tonight

[City of Blinding Lights, U2]


Today I did something unprecedented. It started with dropping off a modem for a friend who had to move but the offices of her cable company were closed. I had a hunger for adventure, so I threw caution to the wind and ignored my carefully printed MapQuest directions. After getting a little lost but eventually dropping off the goods, I decided to go to The Evil Empire (aka Wal-Mart) to buy some huge jugs of water because I'm a water snob and hate water from the tap. I feel like I'm drinking from a pool.

I digress... anyway, I realized that I also wanted to get milk, but that about a mile from T.E.E. there is a theater. I've been saying that I'd go to a movie by myself, but I just haven't. Today I decided to get over myself, and I followed my heart. I bought my ticket to see The Devil Wears Prada (and it's actually a good movie, so ya know!), and realized I had an hour until it started and I hadn't eaten anything all day (I get up late...), so I walked about a half-mile or so to a Sonic, sat out at the tables (it's a drive-in, with tables you can order from under an awning outside), and splurged on what I actually wanted to eat. After the movie I went and got my water and milk, and came home feeling completely at peace with who I am.

My adventures today inspired me to say this to you all-- especially you ladies:


A burger, onion rings, and a banana split: $8.65

One movie ticket: $5.00

Feeling single, sexy, and self-confident: Priceless


:)

3 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Shio-chan said...

I love you Tam!

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Darlaing said...

single sexy and self-confident! Hear me roar! :)

We should go to a movie alone, together sometime. You in NC, me in IA. same movie, same time--- well except you'd be an hour ahead because of the time zones, but you know.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Tam said...

I love you, too, Sho!!

And Darla, that would absolutely rock. Because then we'd get it all- going to a movie alone and feeling the whole single and awesome thing (even if you aren't, lol) AND then there'd be someone to talk about the movie with. It's perfect :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home