Cool is just how far we have to fall

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. --Jim Elliot

Saturday, April 29, 2006

So all your words get noticed

[Brand New Day, Forty Foot Echo]

Today was nice. I woke up with a nasty headache (sometimes I swear I have a brain tumor) right behind my eyes, especially my right eye. I tried to get up, but sitting up sent a huge wave of pain through my entire head that rippled down to my toes.

So... I stayed in bed til almost noon. Then I showered, read my book (A Time to Kill- I first read it early in high school but it's amazing and I highly recommend it) out on the balcony and listened to the ocean (and froze my "honky tonk badonkadonk" off), went to a meeting, chilled with friends, and went out with friends (they got drinks, I had water and watched the NFL draft- Go Seahawks and Patriots!!).

Yesterday I won tickets as a door prize to this Crystal Coast Jamboree thing. It was... interesting. Jenny and I went, and it was like country music heaven. Except I don't really like country music. There were a lot of old people there. That should tell you about what it was like. So we went to dinner. I had prime rib for the first time- yum! But there was SO much food... we both left with the majority of our food still leftover and yet ate a ton. 'Twas lovely.

I will share some pics of our good times when I get home. For now just play pretend.

One last thing... so, someone from Waltham, MA keeps showing up on my site meter. It says you're getting on from Brandeis University. You're a total rock star because you use Firefox, ps. My site meter is a little bit like a stalkerazzi tool, sorry. But I am just curious who you are. In a perfect world you'd be Tom Brady and in love with me because of my glorious wit and way with words, plotting how you're going to make me your wife ;). In reality you're probably some bored college student who wants to make fun of me. But if you read this, could you go back to an old entry and leave a comment telling me who you are? I'm sane and normal (well, mostly) and I'd love to make a new friend from New England (because if you read this enough you know I love it!!). So come on out, let's make nice and be friends :)

1 Comments:

At 12:12 AM, Blogger Darlaing said...

Ok Daryn loves that badonkadonk song and I loathe it. Loathe, tami, loathe.

And that headache thing? That's what those of us mature folks call a "hang over"

Let me know if you New England stalker says hi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home